BEAUTIFUL RIVERSIDE WALK TO PAIJU CAMP AT 3480 M / 11,415 FT. WE SEE TRANGO TOWERS IN ALL THEIR GLORY. AMAZING FRIENDLY PEOPLE. Photo by Jake
- BEAUTIFUL RIVERSIDE WALK TO PAIJU CAMP AT 3480 M / 11,415 FT. WE SEE TRANGO TOWERS IN ALL THEIR GLORY. AMAZING FRIENDLY PEOPLE.
- TREK JULA BRIDGE CAMPSITE 3200M / 11,000FT. BASE OF BAKURDAS AMAZING UNCLIMBED PEAK. GORGEOUS MOONLIT STARRY SKY. BRIEF RAINSTORM.
- K2 TREK 1ST DAY. 12 MEMBER, 6 SHERPA, 117 PORTER, 25 DONKEY. 6 HR WALK BY RIVER. DRY SAND, ROCK. SCENIC LUNCH. FIND GARNET GEMSTONE
- ASKOLE VILLAGE. K2 TREK BEGINS NOW. 3000 MTR / 10,000 FT. AMAZING TINY VILLAGE. OUR TEAM DOCS ARE SUPPLYING ALL MEDICINE TO CLINIC
View from Concordia Motel-Dmitri photo. Skardu-Dmitri photo.
Pakistani music by the camp fire-Dmitri photo. Lunch at Concordia Motel Skardu-Dmitri photo.
- LUNCH AT DASSU IN MULBERRIES BELOW PEAKS. SCARY BRALDU GORGE. HOT SPRINGS SWIM. VISIT MUSEUM. ASKOLE VILLAGE TEA W/LOCALS
- A.M. DEPARTURE CEREMONY. 11 JEEPS DRIVE. VISIT 1000 YEAR OLD SHEGAR TIBETAN MOSQUE. SINGING PRAYER CEREMONY AT K2 RIUER.
17 June -
FLY OVER NANGA PARBAT TO SKARDU NEAR K2. NICE RIVERSIDE HOTEL. GOOD FOOD. CAR TOUR ANCIENT BUDDHA. CAMP FIRE W/MUSICIANS.
Today we were up early and helped Steve to catch his flight home. We miss you Steve! Then we went had a yummy breakfast at the guesthouse, and drove to the airport, where we boarded a plane to Skardu for an amazing flight past mighty Mount Nanga Parbat. Lets go and climb it! We reached Skardu, at 2228m / 7307 ft, the nearest town to K2, and went for a delicious lunch at this very gorgeous hotel we are staying at, on the banks of the massive Indus River. The views of the surrounding peaks from our hotel are incredible. Oh, sorry, we forgot to mention that yesterday our Sherpas boarded an Islamabad bus with 45 bags of luggage in what was supposed to be a 40 hour journey to Skardu. However, because it is the Eid Holiday here (Happy Eid everyone!!) there were no cars on the road and they whisked up here in just 30 hours, which even included an 8 hour sleep at a hotel enroute!! The weather here in Skardu is pleasant. A few stray clouds in mostly blue skies, with lots of peaks jutting out all round us. There is no wind and the temperature a very springlike 21 degrees C, 70 degrees F. Now a group of members are off to see the sights and tonight we have planned a cultural celebration with our lovely and kind hosts, who have been bending over backward to give us excellent spotlessly clean rooms with fine views, hot showers, and amazing buffet meals. Its going to be tough to leave here!!
Deb and John at Concordia Motel Skardu, above Indus River. SummitClimb Sherpa Team boarding cargo bus to Skardu with 45 duffle bags.
Faisal Mosque Islamabad. Jake Photo .Kids on the rooftop. Islamabad. Bond Photo .
Saori and Jangbu at the airport boarding the Skardu flight. Ring Traders Islamabad. Jake Photo
Ice Cream in Islamabad. By Saori. Missing You Steve!
16 June - Greetings from the green city of Islamabad. During the last days our members have been arriving. Finally they are all here. We have been enjoying meeting one another, and sharing climbing and trekking stories. We have had some fun evenings out sampling local restaurants. We have even had a bit of sightseeing, visiting the local mosque, and enjoyed a western meal at a shopping mall. The people here are amazingly friendly. Steve twisted his knee while walking around town and two taxi drivers whisked our entire group over to the casualty ER ward at the local hospital, which was extremely clean and tidy and staffed by top professionals. We have enjoyed our time in Islamabad, at our very comfortable guesthouse. Surprisingly, it rained last night, cooling things off nicely.
Decorated Suzuki passenger van in Raja Bazaar, Rawalpindi. Jangbu Sherpa in Raja Bazaar
Street traffic in Rawalpindi. Metro bus in Islamabad
- Dan Mazur (Leader), UK/USA
- Tomaz R., Slovenia
- Jake M, British
Broad Peak 2018
- Dan Mazur (Leader), UK/USA
- Dmitri N., USA / Russia
- David G., Australia
- Huaibang Z, USA / China
- Saori M., Japan
- Terry O. USA
- David H. USA
- Deb H. USA
- Thomas G. Germany
- John C. USA
K2 Broad Peak training climb
- Steve W. USA
Climbing Sherpa Team:
- Jangbu Sherpa (18 summits of Everest)
- Ang Pasang Sherpa (7 summits of Everest)
- Galje Sherpa (5 summits of Everest)
- Tenji Sherpa (14 summits of Everest)
- Lakpa Tendu Sherpa (11 summits of Everest)
- Ang Dorjee Sherpa (6 summits of Everest) Back to top