Gasherbrum 1 (Hidden Peak)- World's 11th highest mountain and one of the more remote 8000 metre peaks!
Dates : 15 June to 5 August, 2018. 52 days in Pakistan
Full Service Cost: $18,850, £14,350, €16,250; Basic Climb Cost: $13,850, £10,550, €11,950
Gasherbrum 1 alone: Full Service Cost: $14,850, £11,450, €12,450; Basic Climb Cost: $9,850, £7,650, €8,250.
Karakorum 8000 metre combo! Gasherbrum 2 & Gasherbrum 1 (Hidden Peak) - World's 13th and 11th highest mountains and the most remote 8000 metre peaks. Expert leader Dan Mazur has led G1, Broad Peak, K2 and 12 Everest expeditions successfully to the summit. Trip includes travel within the Karakorum, food, accommodations, staff, personal climbing Sherpas, and group equipment. Test yourself at high elevation without the crowd and experience these two hidden gems among the world's most astonishing landscapes.
Option available to do only Gasherbrum 1 or 2 expedition only.
* Our “full-service” expedition includes:• British, American, and European leader/coordinator;
- All internal / domestic flights (weather dependent) buses, jeeps, porters;
- 50 Kg personal baggage transport;
- Three meals per day;
- Permit fees and liaison officers;
- Group, emergency equipment, satellite phone;
- Individual tents in basecamp (no sharing);
- 4 free Islamabad hotel nights on arrival/departure. Sharing or single available;
*What is not included?
- International flights to Islamabad and back home;
- Mountain climbing rescue and travel insurance;
- Personal climbing/trekking equipment and clothing;
- Pakistan visa;
- Oxygen available upon request;
Add on High Attitude Support:
Please book well in advance so we can support his logistics to join our expedition.
- HAP (High Attitude Porter) – Pakistani – costs: USD 4800. Will carry 20 kg of personal equipment between camps;
- Sherpa (personal guide-porter) – costs: USD 8900. Will carry 20 kg of your personal equipment, climb with you, melt water, cook, and with you every step of the way.
* Our “basic-service” expedition includes everything as full service trip up to basecamp.
Add-on Basecamp-Service (USD 300 per day, minimum 10 days):
- Basecamp, personal tent (single accommodation);
- Food, dinning tent and kitchen tent;
- Boiled and ﬁltered water at the base camp;
- Toilette tent(s) and showering tent;
- Solar power system with battery.
Dates and Proposed Itinerary
- Day 1 - Arrive Islamabad. Transfer to hotel for overnight;
- Day 2 -Free day at Islamabad 508 m (1667 ft.);
- Day 3 - Fly to Skardu (drive to Chilas in case of weather delays);
- Day 4 - Organising and paperwork in Skardu. Hotel. 2230 m (7316 ft.);
- Day 5 - Jeep to Askole;
- Day 6–Trek to Jhula;
- Day 7 –Trek To Paiju;
- Day 8 – Rest Day;
- Day 9 – Trek to Urdukas;
- Day 10 – Trek to Goro II;
- Day 11 – Trek to Concordia;
- Day 12 – Trek to Shagring;
- Day 13 – Trek To Gasherbrum Basecamp 5150 metres / 16,900 ft.;
- Day 14 to Day 32–Gasherbrum 2 ascent
- Camp 1 is at 5900 metres / 19,350 ft.;
- Camp 2 6900 metres / 22,630 ft.;
- Camp 3 7400 metres / 24,270 ft.;
- Summit at 8035 metres / 26,350 ft.;
- Day 33 to Day 42 – Gasherbrum 1 ascent.
- Camp 1 is at 5950 metres / 19,500 ft.;
- Camp 2 6400 metres / 21,000 ft.;
- Camp 3 7300 metres / 24,000 ft.;
- Summit at 8068 metres / 26,463 ft.;
- Day 43 Follow the Upper Baltoro Glacier to Ali Camp (4800 metres/15,750 ft.);
- Day 44 Cross the Gondogoro La (5585 metres / 18,320 ft.) to Huisprung;
- Day 45 Trek down the Gondogoro Glacier to Dalsan (4150 metres / 13,600 ft.);
- Day 46 Trek down the Gondogoro Valley to Saitcho (3350 metres / 11,000 ft.);
- Day 47 Last day of trekking to Hushe Village (3050 metres / 10,000 ft.);
- Day 48 Drive beside the Hushe River and follow the Shyock and Indus rivers to Skardu (2230 metres / 7316 ft.);
- Day 49 De-briefing at Tourism Department. Showers, laundry, shopping. Hotel;
- Day 50 Islamabad / Chilas. Hotel;
- Day 51 Final paperwork, shopping, farewell dinner in Islamabad. Hotel. In case of driving, complete road journey from Chilas to Islamabad. Hotel;
- Day 52 Fly Home.
Experience & Training:
High-altitude mountaineering, snow, ice, and rock experience, ascend/descend fixed lines independently. Proper conditioning is critical to your success on Gasherbrum 1& 2. Team members are expected to be very fit and active winter-walker-climber in good health.