Introduction to Our Ruwenzori Expedition
- Ruwenzori Mountains of the Moon
- Mountain Climb: 1 to 13 February and 7-20 March, 14 days in Africa.
- Mountain Climb Cost Full-Service Cost: $3750, £2550, €2950.
- Trek: 1-12 February or 7-18 March, 12 days in Africa.
- We help you buy and rent inexpensive mountain climbing, trekking, hiking, and walking gear, equipment, clothing, boots, shoes for sale, purchase and hire at affordable, cheap, low prices.
- (please consider our optional gorilla safari or mountain extension) .
We are excited to announce a new trip to Africa's 3rd, 4th, and 5th highest mountains, located in a gorgeous national park, rarely visited. There is stunning trekking and optional mountaineering on these mountains which are not often climbed.
The range is about 120 km (75 mi) long and 65 km (40 mi) wide. It consists of six massifs separated by deep gorges: Mount Stanley (5,109 metres/16,750 feet), Mount Speke (4,890 metres/16,000 feet), Mount Baker (4,843 metres/15,900 feet), Mount Emin (4,798 metres/15,700 feet), Mount Gessi (4,715 metres/15,500 feet) and Mount Luigi di Savoia (4,627 metres/15,200 feet). Mount Stanley is the largest and has several subsidiary summits, with Margherita Peak being the highest point. The rock is metamorphic, and the mountains are believed to have been tilted and squeezed upwards by plate movement. They are in an extremely humid area, and frequently enveloped in clouds.
The Ruwenzori are known for their vegetation, ranging from tropical rainforest through alpine meadows to snow; and for their animal population, including forest elephants, several primate species and many endemic birds. One zone is known for its six metre/20 foot high heather covered in moss, and another for its giant lobelia. Most of the range is now a World Heritage Site and is covered jointly by The Rwenzori Mountains National Park in Uganda and the Parc National des Virunga in Congo.
When you see the high level of service we provide, you may agree that the cost is affordable, inexpensive, even "cheap".
Please "click" one of the links on the column on the upper right of your screen under "Rwenzori" to learn more about our expedition.