Mount Everest Foundation For Sustainable Development In Nepal/Tibet:
Please go to MEFNews.org to learn more about our current projects and Service Walks in Nepal. Join the MEF & SummitTrek for our annual Remote Nepal Service Walk in November.
The Mount Everest Foundation for Sustainable Development in Nepal and Tibet (MEF) exists to help local families help themselves to build schools and hospitals and environmental projects in remote areas near to Mount Everest. The MEF is a registered charity of Nepal number 326/060/61.
The MEF aims to run directly in cooperation and partnership with related agencies encouraging maximum utilization of local and natural resources. It is the MEF's policy that priority would be given to programmes addressing education, health, and environment from grass-root levels. The implementation of these services and activities would directly benefit a large section of the people of remote Nepal for their betterment.
About the MEF:
We understand that it is necessary to give something back to the people and the areas we visit. Our efforts focus on helping local families to help themselves to:
- Build hospitals, schools and environmental projects to help poor families in Nepal and Tibet.
- Organize and lead medical, educational, environmental and cultural service-walks to help local people help themselves and to encourage
- Providing medical care during the service-walks.
- Bring clothing and medical supplies to remote Nepal.
- Educate Nepalese children by helping build new schools, hiring additional teachers and providing educational materials.
- Educate local people to become teachers in the rural villages where they live, in order to build sustainable education opportunities.
- Educate local people to become health workers in the rural villages where they live, in order to promote sustainable health services in remote areas.
- Work together with our sponsors, who insist we care for the environments and cultures we visit.
- Support cultural preservation and restoration projects to sustain local foundations on the edge of disappearing, both physically and socially.
- Support environmental cleanup projects and awareness in order to calm the effects of tourism in the Himalaya and keep these majestic areas pristine.
Mount Everest Foundation UK
- 184 Bishop Road, Bristol, BS7 8NB, UK
- Landline and answer-phone: +44 (0)7810 375400
Mount Everest Foundation USA
- POB 123, Lakebay, WA, 98349, USA
- Landline phone: +1 360 570 0715
Mount Everest Foundation Nepal
- Jyatha Tole, Kathmandu, Nepal
- P.O.Box No.: 2414
- Landline phone: (9771) 4249825, 4248813
Please send in your feedback about our new website, as we are always trying to improve the charity/non-profit information and wish to say hello to those who visit. Thanks!