Please read this privacy note carefully as it describes what kinds of personal information we collect and how we store, process and delete it.
By the way, we never sell nor give your personal information, nor your email address to anyone.
Summitclimb.com is a creative mountaineering and trekking organisation giving people from all over the world the chance to enjoy cutting edge adventures. This notice also covers its other activities such as Summittrek.com, Himalaya Expediitions and Mount Everest Foundation for Sustainable Development.
Summitclimb.com takes its responsibilities to care for your data seriously. We manage your information in accordance with legislation concerning the protection of personal information.
This Notice describes how we collect, process, store and delete personal data. From time to time, we may make changes and adjustments to this Notice and the operational processes it describes. You can find the date that this note was last revised at the top of the document. Where there is a significant change we will notify you so that you can decide whether you wish to continue to use our services.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Summitclimb.com is a data controller in respect of all information we collect and receive about you when you use our services, whether you join us on a climb or a trek, or have expressed an interest in our activities. We contract data processors to manage safely and process your data in the execution of our core business purposes.
The data processors are independent businesses that provide digital data gathering and insight services.
If you have opted out of marketing communications, we may still get in touch with you, for example to tell you important information about, or changes to, our activities. We use your information primarily to improve our services to you, and to better understand the effectiveness of our activities. This includes the security of your data via our website.
Using personal data allows us to develop a better understanding of our customers which in turn helps us to provide you with relevant and timely information about our activities. Understanding customers’ interests and behaviour also helps us to engage with supporters, as well those interested in supporting the activities that we provide.
From time to time we may use your data for profiling, research, and targeting purposes. Data profiling helps us to make better decisions about our activities and other content, based on a more informed understanding of how you use our services.
The information you provide
- When you send us your details, we will store personal information you give us such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number and credit/debit card details, medical and other data. We also store a record of your trips. Summitclimb.com is fully compliant; further details of the financial information we collect and how we safeguard and process it is explained later in this Privacy Note.
- Personal data we process may include:
- Biographical information consisting of your name, title, birth date, age and gender, addresses of you and your nearest relative/friend, passport and insuranace details, medical records.
- Your contact details including address, email and phone number.
- Your purchase information such as card details and bank details (for Direct Debit).
- Your interests and preferences.
- Information about your trips with Summitclimb.com including your purchase history and images of you on our trips which are published on our website.
- Records of communications sent to you by Summitclimb.com, such as email and newsletter records.
- Records of communications sent by you to Summitclimb.com, such as bookings, enquiries or information you tell us in person.
- Your professional activities, including employer details.
- Publicly accessible profile information from the internet, such as Facebook, Linked In and Twitter.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU USE OUR WEBSITE(S).
The list below details the persistent cookies used by Summitclimb.com’s websites.
Google Analytics Cookies set by one of our websites to enable SummitClimb.com to analyse the website using Google Analytics. On some of our sites we may also use the Advertising Features of Google Analytics to find out more about the demographics and interests of our visitors.
When you visit a website and see an advertisement a cookie is placed on your computer or device by, for example DoubleClick (Google’s Internet ad serving business) and then if you visit another site that has ads served by DoubleClick, the same cookie can be read and modified by DoubleClick. By tracking what kind of sites you visit and how you interact with ads for different products and services, Google aims to build up a picture of who you are; your age, gender and interests. Using the Advertising Features of Google Analytics means we receive reports that tell us who Google thinks is visiting our site by age, gender and interests. This information is anonymous and no personally identifiable information is gathered from users. We use this information to report to our funders, such as Arts Council England, and We use this information internally for us to better understand how visitors use our websites. We sometimes use Google Analytics to run content experiments on our websites, to test how variations in how we present features perform, in order to better meet our users’ needs. These cookies determine whether a user has been included in the experiment and are deleted at the expiry of those experiments.
We will always keep your rights and interests at the forefront of our operations. You can object to any of this processing at any time. If you wish to do this, please use the contact details at the end of this note. Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out the tasks outlined above.
YOUR DEBIT AND CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
If you use your credit or debit card to purchase from us, this will be carried out securely and in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). You can find more information about this standard here: https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/pci_security/
When completing this transaction you will have the option to store your card details for future use. This is carried out in compliance with PCI-DSS. Your full card details are protected, and Summitclimb.com's staff members or agents are not able to view full card details. We will never store your 3 or 4 digit security code.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
Data Protection law recognises that certain categories of personal information are more sensitive than others such as health information, race, religious beliefs and political opinions. We do not collect this type of information about our members unless there is a clear reason for doing so (and is collected with explicit consent) for example the medical information.
MAINTAINING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We store your personal information for as long as necessary such that for any subsequent purchases you make we are able to link them back to a single unique record that we hold for you on our system. If there is content on your record that is inaccurate or that you would like to remove, you can usually do this by requesting this data via the contact details at the end of this note. Any requests or objections you make to any aspect of the data processing described above will be stored so that we continue to comply with your preferences.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We put in place appropriate safeguards (both in terms of our procedures and the technology we use) to keep your personal information as secure as possible. We will ensure that any third parties we use for processing your personal information do the same. Your data is kept securely separate from the website, and the website is HTTP Secure (HTTPS).
YOUR RIGHTS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you at any time. You have the right to request that any inaccuracies in this data is corrected. You have the right to stipulate that all records about you are deleted. Please use the contact details at the end of this policy if you would like to exercise your right to do this.
If you no longer wish us to use your data, or wish to amend the type of communications you receive, then you can opt out of our communications at any time by e-mailing Summitclimb.com.
There are certain circumstances under which we may disclose your personal information to third parties. These are as follows:
- To our service providers who process data on our behalf and on our instructions (for example booking activities through Summitclimb.coms). In these cases we require that these third parties comply with data protection laws and our instructions, including the secure disposal of records after processing is completed.
- Where we are under a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
There are three legal bases under which we may process your data:
- Contract purposes: When you make a purchase from us, make a donation or become a member, you are entering into a contract with us. In order to perform this contract we need to process and store your data. For example we may need to contact you by email or telephone in the case of emergency of a show, to provide you with important information including start times and access, or if there are problems with your payment.
- Legitimate business interests: In certain situations we collect and process your personal information for purposes that are in our legitimate business interest, such as sharing information about performances and events which, based on our purchasing history, we believe may be of interest to you. We do this carefully and in a way that we believe does not create any overriding prejudice to you by using your personal information. You have the opportunity to unsubscribe in each email or communication we send to you. You can also object, or exercise your rights under the GDPR, including the right to request your data to be removed in its entirety.
- With your explicit consent: When appropriate, we will ask for your explicit consent before we contact you about aspects of Summitclimb.com's work that you have not expressed an interest in beforehand, such as our fundraising or education activities. We will ask for your consent before using your personal information in that specific situation, such as contacting you with information about the ways in which you can support Summitclimb.com's fundraising activities. We will update your consent periodically. You have the right to withdraw your consent to be contacted at any time. This can be done by e-mail to Summitclimb.com.
Retention periods: We will only retain information for as long as necessary. Records are updated and maintained in line with our retention schedule. We are bound by law to retain certain financial and employee records. These laws override our other retention periods.
From time to time, we will ask you to check and update your contact preferences so that our records are up to date. You can unsubscribe, withdraw your consent or make changes to your preferences at any time.
When personal data is no longer required by the organization, it is deleted or securely destroyed.
CONTACT DETAILS AND FURTHER INFORMATION
Please get in touch with us if you have any questions about any aspect of this Notice, or if you would like to request further information about, or object to, any aspect of processing of your personal data described above.