Our first Ama Dablam team arrived in basecamp on 16 October and began acclimatising. One of the first things we did upon arrival was for our team of 8 hardworking, trusty Sherpas to refix all of the rope, removing old rope and putting up new. The weather was very good for our first team and many members summited, in three different groups. We had a really succesful first group. As of this writing, our second group, who arrived in basecamp on 6 November, have been up to camp 2 for acclimatization, and now some of our 2nd group have gone to Island Peak for further adventure and training. We will keep you updated and wish everyone a very safe climb!!! By the way, we are already organising our next Ama Dablam Climb. Please go to www.AmaDablamClimb.com for further information. Thank you very much and Welcome to Our Team!
Blog posts: Please click one of the links below to go directly to that blog post or just scroll down.
- 15 November
- 14 November
- 13 November
- 11 November
- 10 November
- 9 November
- 6 November
- 5 November
- 3 November
- 2 November
- 1 November
- 31 October
- 30 October
- 28 October
- 26 October
- 25 October
- 23 October
- 22 October
- 21 October
- 17 October
- 16 October
- 14 October
- 13 October
- 12 October
- 11 October
- Team Roster
This is Dani leader of Ama Dablam- All members are back at BC safe and well after a hard couple of days at 18,000+ft
This is Dani leader of #Ama Dablam both teams have had a rest day today! and the island team will be back at Ama BC on the 15th. Back to top
Team Summitting photos. Photos from Dean, Herbert, Rupert and Tom.
This is Dani leader of Ama Dablam our Ama group had a long but fun day going from C1 to C2 and back to sleep at C1.
This is Dani Leader of #AmaDablam- Our four AmaDablam members are resting at C1 whereas three members Herbert, Tom, Rupert Island Peak members are going for summit tonight. Back to top
Climbing upto C1 and ABC. Photo Tom.
Dean showing Mt. AmaDablam. Dani in camp 1, finding the reception for mobile phone. Photo Dean
Camp 1. Photo Tom. Big part of snow in Dablam looks going to fall down. Photo Dean. Camp two. Photo Rupert.
Lakpa in Yellow tower. Camp 1. Photo Tom
This is Dani leader of #Ama Dablam - Today 10th was a full kit check and climbing training day. All members learn new skills. Back to top
This is Dani leader #Ama Dablam - All members are doing well and have been to ABC. its a full day of climbing training on the 10th for all.
Trekking in toward to basecamp. Photo Tom.
Update from Dani Fuller:
- This is Dani leader Ama Dablam - All team members are now at base camp and are finding out what it is like to live at 15,000+ft. Back to top
Yaks coming to BC. Photo Herbert. Suspension Bridge. Photo Tom
Update from Kaji Tamang:
- AmaDablam Second team Roster are in pangboche. All is well. Tomorrow going to Basecamp.
- After one full day rest in Namche Bazaar AmaDablam Second team Roster heading to Pangboche. All is well.
- Update from Kaji Tamang - All well in with SummitClimb group. 1st Group is going down. They will reach in Namche today.
- AmaDablam Second Team Roster (1 November to 29 November) - On the way to Namche. All is well.
AmaDablam Second Team Roster (1 November to 29 November) - Landed Lukla safely with all their bags. Now they are resting in Phakding. Tomorrow they plan to go Namche Bazaar. All is well.
This is Dani leader of Ama Dablam - Dan Bobrow made it all the way to C2 and is now back at C1 and head back to BC in the morning.
- AmaDablam Second Team Roster (1 November to 29 November) - Arriving in Kathmandu, gear checking, continue tomorrow with necessary paper works.
- This is Dani leader of Ama Dablam- Dan Bobrow made it all the way to C2 and is now back at C1 and head back to BC in the morning. Back to top
- This is Dani leader - Ama Dablam congratulation to Jordan Baggs, Salima Shafi, Darren Shepherd, who all summitted today. all back at C2.
- Update from Kaji Tamang - 4 members and 3 Sherpa summitted together today. We will update you more update soon. Thank you very much.
- First Group Summit Report : Paul Sodamin, Alfons Höllwarth, Anselm Röhrl all summitted and are safely back at C2.
- Christian Muller, Pamela Pappas, Kevin Farebrother got so close !! but made the correct decision to turn around, all safe at C2
- This is Dani leader #Ama Dablm Magnificent view of our initial team above the Dablam heading to the summit Clear day no wind perfect day for Summit. Back to top
- This is Dani leader Ama Dablam# lots of snow last night / evening, cold night at C1. Rest day for all before we start our summit push.
- AmaDablamNews 2nd report: Since accident, SummitClimb's UK leader Daniel & our 7 strong Sherpas are working with some teams to fix new rope
- Ama Dablam News: Another team's climber tragically clipped old rope & fell. Our sincere condolences to his family & company he was with. Back to top
This is Dani leader Ama Dablam all at camp 2 safe under a fresh fall of snow and a tum full of pasta!
Update from Kaji Tamang - Most of all members are in base camp resting. Some went to ABC for hike again. Beautiful and Sunny day here.
This is Dani leader Ama Dablam all members are safe and well resting at base camp. We are all making a push for camp 1 tomorrow 24th Back to top
Team in basecamp. Photo Bruce and Christain
Resting in Basecamp.Photo Charles Szekeres
Update from Kaji Tamang - First group return from Camp 1 and resting in base camp. Second group are in Camp 1 returning to base camp today. Sherpa are going to camp 2 for setting the camp today. Back to top
Camp 1. Photo Salima.
Our hardworking Staffs. Photo Charles Szekeres . Camp 1 Photo Charles Szekeres
This is Dani leader - The AmaDablam team is doing well and has divided into two groups. Group A has already climbed to camp 1. They plan to rest in base camp, then try for summit around the 30th. Group B will try after.
ABC action and resting. Photo salima.
Going to ABC. Photo Charles Szekeres. Members relaxing after hard work. Photo Charles Szekeres.
This is Dani leader, #Ama Dablam today has been a rest day for most members while our hard working staff are setting up the high camps Back to top
View from Basecamp. Photo Charles Szekeres.
- News of big snowfall in Annapurna region. Luckily our SummitClimb & SummitTrek teams are ok. Condolences to families of those tragicly lost. Back to top
- This is Dani leader of Ama Dablam our Everest BC walkers have now split from us to continue on there trek, The rest of the team are now .
Charles Szekeres - Today after two rainy days in Namche Bazaar the skies cleared and we headed up valley. Past the Tangboche monostery, we just rolled into Pengbotche. The village sits under Ama Dablam. The mountain did not disappoint, it is very, very imposing. Looks way cooler than Everest in a distance. Back to top
Nice view of AmaDablam.Photo Charles Szekeres. Alfons with AmaDablam Background.Photo Charles Szekeres.
Namche Bazaar.Photo Charles Szekeres. View from just below Namche Bazaar. Photo Charles Szekeres.
Jordon in Namche bazaar. Photo Charles Szekeres. Charles in Namche Bazaar. Photo Charles Szekeres.
Today's Tweet from Expedition leader : This is Dani leader of Ama Dablam, Island Peak and Everest Base Camp# We are now at Namche Bazar and all team members have made it. Back to top
Climbing pack with the view of AmaDablam. Dudh Koshi looks nice. Yak drivers with yak. Photo Charles Szekeres.
Welcome to Sagarmatha National Park. Team member resting in warm tea house. Photo Charles Szekeres.
Suspension bridge near Phakding. Pamela posing behind water fall in Taktak. Photo Charles Szekeres.
Walking down to next village, Phakding. Photo Charles Szekeres.
- Dani F.(Leader), UK
- Graham L., Australia
- Michael T., USA
- Howard T., UK
- Dan B., USA
- Omer G., Israeli
- Darren S., Australia
- Charles S., USA
- Salima S., Pakistan
- Kevin F., Australia
- Pamela P., USA
- Jordon B., USA
- Jaspreet P., UK
- Paul S., Österreich
- Christian M., Switzerland
- Alfons H., Austria
- Anselm R., Deutsch
- Shlomo G., Israeli
- Paul K., UK
- Ricci G., UK
- Jack G., UK
- Tom V., Canada
- Dean R., Australia
- Herbert H., Deutsch
- Rupert J., UK
- Tenji Sherpa
- Sange Sherpa
- Gelze Sherpa
- Karma Gyalzi Sherpa
- Dawa Jangbu Sherpa
- Ang Dorje Sherpa
- Mingmar Sherpa
- Lakpa Sherpa
Base Camp Manager
- Nir Kaji Tamang
- Jay Bahadhur Nagarkoti
- Dorjee Lama Back to top