Happy Himalayan Holiday from EVEREST plus Surrounding Peaks and Paths
Happy Himalayan Holiday from EVEREST plus Surrounding Peaks and Paths
In the spirit of the season, we have been extending our helping efforts to Sherpa families. We just returned from village treks to deliver medicines and school supplies in remote areas to Sherpa families living in the foothills of Everest. During our week long trek, we never saw any other tourists, but we did bring back a 22 year old woman who needs kidney surgery, who is at the hospital seeking treatment as we speak. We are working to restore Nepal's oldest convent, which lies just below Mount Everest, and for the Base Camp, to build a waste treatment facility (world's highest) for which the design phase is just about complete. Also going on full speed are efforts to train Sherpa men and women from disadvantaged regions to become climbing guides and cooks. Please learn more at www.MountEverestFoundationNews.org .
Another arguement for our success is maintaining the focus on our traditional mountain climber's and trekker's philosophy: Offering the best possible expedition for the most efficient price possible. Our company was founded by avid mountain climbers and trekkers and we continue to share with you their emphasis on high quality and good value. Back to top
Next week, watch our Christmas New Year trekking and climbing team take on Everest basecamp and Island Peak during this rarely attempted time of year: www.ChristmasNewYearTrek.com . Hope on a plane and join the team!: .
Are you ready for 2015? In April 2015 all of our teams set off for Everest summit, the basecamp, and nearby mountains. Will you be with us? We offer expeditions from both sides of Everest: Nepal (South Side) and Tibet (North Side):
Here are a few secrets of Nepal vs. Tibet (South vs. North sides of Everest):
Nepal (South Side): Traditional Home of the Friendly Sherpas and High Himalaya. 100% of Dan Mazur's team summited Everest from Nepal during our last expedition. Nepal has a slightly higher average success rate. 1st ascent of Everest by Sherpa Tenzing and Sir Hillary. Trek to basecamp through lovely green valleys. Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla saves a week of walking. When compared to Tibet, Nepal side is warmer, less windy, more people in basecamp, and just above basecamp is the Khumbu icefall with ladders over crevasses. The Nepal side is a bit more expensive than Tibet. Our Nepal side expedition has a luxurious cook in warm sunny camp 2. The famous Hillary Step offers exciting rock scrambling to the summit.
Not ready for the summit? Experience the Everest Nepal Training Climb, climb to camp 3 and 7000 metres / 23,000 feet in just a month, test yourself at high altitude. Much cheaper. Transition to the summit climb at no additional cost. Everest Glacier School, only 22 days in October or April. Learn the basics of high climbing. Try Mount Lhotse, 4th highest in the world, climbed from the same route as Everest. Less expensive way to see Everest. Island Peak, a classic one day climb on Nepal's most famous trekking peak. Trek to Everest Base Camp, the world's most sought after trek! Or, wait till Autumn and try Nepal's two finest 7000 metre / 23,000 foot high peaks: Mount Baruntse and Ama Dablam.Back to top
Want to brush-up your skills before trying the big-one? Our Everest Tibet Training Climb to the North Col at 7000 metres / 23,000 feet is popular in just 28 days. Transition to the summit climb at no additional cost. Also our Cho Oyu climb is a hit, offered in both Spring and Autumn. Cho Oyu, 6th highest in the world, is perhaps the best possible preparation for Everest. Also Shishapangma. Trek to ABC the world's highest base camp on Everest in just 20 days.
Too busy to read more? Please glance below to view an item of interest:
1. All prices frozen at 2012 levels. Join NOW in 2014, before the price increases in 2015.
2. We pay you cash for sending your friends and colleagues to join us. Commissions and finder's-fees.
3. We take care of our former members: Were you a member of our 2014 climbing team? FREE 2015 permit !!
4. We are generous with the services included in our trips AT NO EXTRA CHARGE:
5. All expeditions have a SummitClimb veteran British, European, American - English speaking leader.
6. Our trips are staffed by friendly, strong, well-trained Sherpas, many with 10 or more Everest summits.
7. Our cooks are experts at preparing delicious food for a wide variety of tastes.
8. We have very good quality climbing, trekking, and camping equipment on our trips.
9. We have our own expedition weather forecasting systems and our leaders are weather experts.
10. Our expedition communications are top flight. We offer free internet service to our members in basecamp.
11. All of our Nepal expeditions feature FREE domestic flights.
12. We provide an equipment purchase and rent service. FREE ideas of where to find best climbing gear.
13. FREE oxygen on all Everest and Lhotse climbs. On Cho Oyu oxygen is optional for sale and rent.
14. All trips feature 4 free, 3 star hotel, nights in Kathmandu, 2 nights at beginning of the trip and 2 at end.
15. New extended date option. All trips now available for flexible booking according to your schedule.
16. What people are saying. Recently I met one of our former members in Kathmandu. What did he say?
17. 80% of members join us as individuals. We also have couples and small groups of 2-3 friends join in.
18. We encourage private groups and are able to provide a separate cook, guides, leader, Sherpas, etc.
19. SummitClimb and SummitTrek FACEBOOK prize give away when we reach 20,000 friends.
20. Attend or host a Himalayan slideshow this Winter. January February live multi-media presentations.
21. Encouraging new climbers and trekkers to join us. FREE no-charge week long glacier climbing schools.
22. You are welcome to become a member of our upcoming climbs, treks, and service projects!!
23. Are you or friends interested in becoming leaders? Check out our leader training and guide discount.
24. Last Chance to join www.ChristmasNewYearTrek.com . 18 day holiday trek to Everest Basecamp.
25. www.WinterGlacierSchool.org . 1 - 7 Jan, 2015. glacier travel, ice climbing, with Dan Mazur. FREE.
26. www.AconcaguaSummitClimb.com . 3 Climbs in Dec, Jan, and Feb. 20 days. Leader Max Kausch.
27. www.EverestNepalExpedition.com . 60 day April-June or Sep-Oct, with 9 time summit leader Dan Mazur.
28. www.EverestNepalTrainingClimb.com . 31 day or 16 day. April, May. 9 time summit leader Dan Mazur.
29. www.EverestTibetExpedition.com . 60 days April-June, with 4 time summit leader David Obrien.
30. www.EverestTrainingClimbTibet.com , www.North-Col.com . 28 day April, May. 4 time leader D. Obrien.
31. www.ChoOyuClimb.com . 38 day April-May or Sept. Leader Angel Armesto and 5x summiter D. Mazur.
32. www.LhotseExpedition.com . 60 days April-May, Leader 4 time Lhotse summiter Dan Mazur:
33. www.EverestGlacierSchool.com . April, May, Oct or Nov. 22 day or 7 day option. Leader Sange Sherpa.
34. www.IslandPeakClimb.com . 22 day or 5 day (climb only) in April, May, Oct or Nov. Leader Dan Mazur.
35. www.EverestBaseCampWalk.com . 18 day trek to Base Camp in April, May, Oct or Nov. Leader Dan Mazur.
36. www.TibetEverestTrek.com . 20 day trek to Advanced base camp in Tibet. April, May. Leader David Obrien.
37. www.AfricaSummitClimb.com . KILIMANJARO / MT KENYA / SAFARI. Available throughout the year.
38. www.RemoteNepalServiceTrek.org . 12 days. Bring meds - edu to Sherpas. June or Nov with Dan Mazur.
39. www.MustagataClimb.com . 28 day. July. High ski, snowshoe, board peak. Leader Julian Bierman.
40. www.ElbrusSummitClimb.com . Europe's 7-Summit. 9 days in June, July, and August. Leader Dan Mazur.
41. www.CascadeGlacierSchool.org . FREE summer glacier school. 20-27 June. Leader Dan Mazur.
42. www.ChoOyuClimb.com . 38 day. Aug-Sept or April-May. Leader 5x summiter D. Mazur and A. Armesto.
43. www.AmaDablamClimb.com . 29 days Oct - Nov. Famous solid rock, snow and ice. Leader Dani Fuller.
44. www.BaruntseClimb.com . 32 days. Remote climb near Everest. Oct-Nov. 3 peaks. Leader D. Mazur.
45. www.MeraPeakClimb.com . 21 Days in Oct - Nov. Nepal's highest "trekking peak". Leader Dan Mazur.
1. All prices frozen at 2012 levels. We vowed not to increase our prices during 2014. That means if you book a 2015 trip during 2014, you will still pay the old 2012 price. Why are our trips so affordable? Our company is run by climbers and trekkers, for climbers and trekkers. We never charge more than we would be willing to pay ourselves. We give discounts for groups of 2 or more, returning members, mountain guides, and medical practitioners. We support people who wish to become a leader in training.
8. We have very good equipment on our trips. We include excellent quality sleeping tents (a single tent for each member in basecamp). We have comfortable warm dining tents with tables and chairs, carpeting, and heaters. Our kitchen tents are very clean and well stocked. Our toilet tents and hot shower tents are immaculate. We check all of the climbing material very carefully, including ropes, anchors, walkie talkies, high altitude tents, high altitude stoves and fuel.
9. We have our own expedition weather forecasting systems and our leaders are weather experts. We use a combination of Swiss, Norwegian, Austrian, American, British, Chinese, Indian, and Nepalese weather forecasting tools. We believe our weather forecaasts are among the best and we share them with other teams to compare notes and be sure all of us are in agreement about what the weather might have in store for us.
11. All of our Nepal expeditions feature FREE domestic flights. Back to top
14. All of our trips feature 4 free hotel nights in Kathmandu, 2 nights at the beginning of the trip and 2 at the end, at the comfortable three star Hotel Shakti. Its an excellent and classic hotel surrounded by green gardens and located in the heart of the city action near many delicious restaurants, the city's best mountain equipment shopping, and abundant nightlife all within a few minutes walk. The Shakti also offers lots of entertaining day trip (and night outing) options such as wild game safaris, horse back riding, art classes, mountain biking, volunteer opportunities at orphanages, hospitals, schools, women's centres, rock climbing, bird watching, cooking classes, sport fishing, day peak climbing, herbal medicine seminars, day hikes, pottery classes, car tours, sightseeing, temple tours, henna handpainting classes, city tours, massage, swimming, beauty salon, motorbiking, yoga retreats, river rafting, painting classes, golf, language courses, kayaking, writing seminars, bungie jumping, religious worship, canyoning, hot tubs, health club, saunas, fitness center, spa treatments, Mount Kailash Treks, night clubs, meditation retreats, gourmet restaurants, cultural dance performances, wine tasting, pedicures and manicures, casino gambling, barber shop, discotheques, airport transfers, Scenic flights around Mount Everest and much much more.
Basantapur. Photo Scott Younghusband. Biggest Budhish stupa in Kathmandu called Shoyambhu. Photo Scot.
David Maidment on top. Photo by Elmo Francis. Jangbu, Dan and Elmo holding Nandini Chol Raj's Airtel flag in front of Everest, Nuptse, and Makalu. Photo b David Maidment.
Murari at Kalapathar. Photo Murari.
24. LAST CHANCE TO JOIN: Christmas and New Year Trekking to Everest Base Camp. 18 days. Begin on 20 December. Last year's trek went very well and the weather was good, with nice views of Everest and no snow. Full Service Cost: $1850, £1250, €1450. Includes internal flights and hotels. www.ChristmasNewYearTrek.com
James & Allan on the way down - Photo: Max Kausch. Enjoying the beautiful day.
Mike and George on the summit at 6962m - Photo Mike Fairman. Group Dinner.
BOOK NOW TO JOIN OUR SPRING EXPEDITIONS ON EVEREST AND SURROUNDING PEAKS
ALL PERMITS ARE AVAILABLE BOTH NEPAL AND TIBET
***ONLY 10% REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT NEEDED TO SECURE YOUR PLACE***
27. EVEREST NEPAL SUMMIT CLIMB. April-June, 2015 and 2016. 60 days. or September-October, 2015 and 2014. www.EverestNepalExpedition.com . Join experienced friendly 9 time Everest Summit leader Dan Mazur to climb the world's highest peak, made famous by Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Sherpa. The Nepal side of Everest is considered to be warmer and less windy than the Tibet side of Everest. Full Service Cost: $36,450, £23,950, €27,450; Basic Climb: $14,950, £9850, €11,450. 100% of our team reached the summit together with Dan Mazur in 2013. View the latest news at: www.EverestNepalNews.com . Choose our fixed dates beginning on 7 April, or New Felixible Date Option: arrive anytime at your convenience during April and May. Back to top
The famous Hillary Step . (Sange Sherpa). South Col route taken from above Pomori ABC. Photo by Patrick McKnight .
Sherpas helping a member to cross the Khumbu Ice fall. Photo Squash & Stew
29. EVEREST TIBET SUMMIT CLIMB. April-June, 2015 and 2016. 60 days. www.EverestTibet.com Climb the world's highest peak made famous by Mallory and Irvine in 1924. Leader David Obrien is very experienced, friendly and well organised, having led 4 Everest expeditions. The Tibet side of Everest is less expensive, more remote and less crowded than the Nepal side. Climbing the Tibet side of Everest is cheaper, but reputed to be colder and windier than the Nepal side. Full Service Cost: $28,450, £18,750, €21,750; Basic Climb Cost: $9950, £6550, €7550. 100% of our team reached the summit in 2014, with the first Finnish woman on the summit. View the latest news at: www.EverestTibetNews.com . Choose our fixed dates beginning on 7 April, or New Felixible Date Option: arrive anytime at your convenience during April and May. Back to top
Arni Vatnhamar on summit of Everest. First individual from Faroe Islands to summit Mount Everest. CONGRATULATONS!! Photo - Arni Vatnhamar Yaks moving along trail to ABC below Everest (Gordon Hopper).
Sherpa breaking trail down to ABC from North Col after fresh snow - Photo Mia Graeffe.This is a spectacular view of Tingri, the last town we stay in before heading to basecamp. In the background you can see Cho Oyu , the world's 6th highest mountain (Tunc Findik).
33. EVEREST GLACIER SCHOOL: www.EverestGlacierSchool.com - 22 days Full Service Cost: $2950, £1950, €2250, or Seven day option: $1450. Price includes everything for the climb and the walk to basecamp: free sherpas, free hotels and free internal flights. Friendly leader AngSange Sherpa has led 14 Glacier Schools, and is an excellent instructor and a very helpful person who teaches everything you need to know. 22 days (or 7 days for the school and climb only) during April, May, October or November. If you feel well enough on the April trip you can transition directly to the Everest Nepal Training Climb or Cho Oyu. AWARDED NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC'S "25 BEST NEW TRIPS". Choose our fixed dates or New Flexible Date Option: arrive anytime at your convenience during April, May, October or November. Back to top
A member approaching the final metres towards the summit.(Valerie Hovland). Nathan, Sangeeta, Thile and Dan on the summit of Island Peak. Photo by Thile Nuru Sherpa.
37. KILIMANJARO / MT KENYA / SAFARI: Join us for our next Africa Expedition to Kilimanjaro, Mount Kenya and Wild Game Viewing Safari. Dates and Cost: Mt.Kenya trek or climb, costs US$ 1950.- (local guide for technical climb additional US$ 450.-) / single-supplement $120.- 11-18 February, 21-29 June, 5-14 July, 2-10 August, 6-14 September. Amboseli Safari (3 days, 2 nights): US$ 1150,- / single-sup US$ 300.- -> LODGE Safari / quite nice resort with view of Kilimanjaro.Kilimanjaro (7 days, 6 nights): US$ 2250,- / single-supplement US$ 80. For the package Mount Kenya & Safari & Kilimanjaro - special price US$ 5150,- / single supplement $500, 11-28 February, 21 June - 8 July, 5-22 July, 2.-19 August, 6.-24 September. New Dates: 20. Dec. - 07. Jan. 2015, 10. Jan. - 28. Jan. 2015, 01. Feb. - 18. Feb. 2015, 10. Feb. - 28. Feb. 2015, 20. June - 08. July 2015, 04. June - 22. July 2015, 01. Aug. - 19. Aug. 2015, 05. Sep. - 23. Sep. 2015, 26. Dec. - 14. Jan. 2016 www.AfricaSummitClimb.com
Mackinder’s valley on Kili. Photo by Arnold Coster. Lion cub resting on a branch in Masai Mara national park. Photo by Jonathan Barbero.
photo by Murari Sharma: Patale health post worker Jamyang and Dr. Lisa McClellan examine a Nepalese baby. Giving out school supplies at the school in Patale
40. MOUNT ELBRUS: 29 July to 8 Aug (11 days). Elbrus is the highest and easiest snow peak in Europe (18,600 feet) and one of the "7-Summits". See how you feel at high altitude in a short time at an affordable price. A very easy beginner snow walk. Stay in huts, ride ski lifts and snow cats and enjoy a short summit day. Join 7-Summit expert Dan Mazur, who will teach you everything you need to know. Equipment and clothing available for hire/rent. Full Service Cost $3750, £2350, €2850. Please contact us NOW to book your flight and receive your visa invitation letter. www.ElbrusSummitClimb.com
Heather Jennings uses her ascender to pull herself back to the surface during self rescue practice (Heather Jennings). Leaders Bill and Scott go through the hip-belay technique on a slope outside camp as Tracy looks on (Rick Eng).
42. MOUNT CHO OYU EXPEDITION. www.ExpeditionChoOyu.com August-September 2015 and April-May 2016. 38 days. 'Easy' snow climb. 6th highest mountain in the world. There is probably no better preparation for climbing Everest. Most accessible of the world's "8,000 metre", 26,000 foot high peaks. Leaders Angel Armesto and Dan Mazur are extremely experienced, friendly, and teach you everything you need to know. Located beside Everest on the edge of the exotic Tibetan Plateau. Full Service Cost: $12,850, £8450, €9,850; Basic Climb Cost: $6650, £4350, €5050. Our teams reached the summit safely in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 please see www.ChoOyuNews.com . Choose our fixed dates or New Flexible Date Option: arrive anytime at your convenience during April and May.
43. AMA DABLAM CLIMB, ASIA'S MOST FAMOUS ROCK, SNOW, AND ICE PEAK. THE MATTERHORN OF THE HIMALAYA. TECHNICAL BUT CLIMBABLE: www.ExpeditionAmaDablam.com Full Service Cost: $5550, £3450, €4050; Basic Climb Cost: $2450, £1550, €1850; 10 October to 7 November (29 days in Nepal). Extended dates available: 1 November to 29 November. Flexible date option also available, with the option to begin and end the trip anytime between 10 October and 1 December. PRICE INCLUDES EVERYTHING FOR THE CLIMB AND THE WALK TO BASECAMP: FREE SHERPAS, FREE HOTELS, AND FREE INTERNAL FLIGHTS. 29 days in October-November. Located just 15 km / 10 miles from Everest. Among the most photographed peaks in the world. Everything for the novice to the expert climber. Beautiful rock is solid granite "scrambling". Basecamp is located in a lovely grassy meadow. The hardest pitch is 12 metres / 40 feet of French class 4, British Severe, or North American 5.7. You will be following, not leading, on secure fixed ropes. Test yourself to 7000 metres / 23,000 feet. Led by Dani Fuller- 3 Successful Ama expeditions, friendly, a good teacher, technically accomplished. He will review all needed skills on small cliffs around the warm and sunny basecamp. Climbing Ama Dablam qualifies you for Everest, Cho Oyu, Lhotse, and Shishapangma. View the latest news at: www.AmaDablamNews.com
44. MOUNT BARUNTSE EXPEDITION. 32 days in October-November 2014. www.BaruntseClimb.com . Remote Nepal at its best. This expedition offers something for experts and beginners alike. Grand Circle Traverse trekking and climbing trip, begins with Mera Trekking Peak as a "warm-up", then Baruntse: Nepal's 'easiest' 7000 metre / 23,000 foot high peak, superb preparation for Everest. Then we complete the loop by trekking and climbing over the famous and very beautiful Amphu-Labtsa Pass at the foot of Everest. Trip finishes in the famous Everest Valley with a three day trek to Lukla. Perfect ending to a very special circuit. Three peaks for price of one. Leader Dan Mazur: Excellent teacher will teach you all of the climbing skills you need to know. Our strong Sherpas are with you every step of the way. Full Service Cost: $8950, £5450, €6450. Our team reached the summit safely in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013. For the news please visit: www.BaruntseNews.com and please watch this well made 10 minute video by Richard Pattison: "Breathless on Baruntse"
WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO STAY UP TO DATE ON ALL OF THE LATEST INFO AT: www.facebook.com/summitclimbers and all of the social media pages mentioned at the bottom of this newsletter, including Skype, YouTube , Twitter , Instagram , Pinterest , Linked-In and Vimeo. Several times a week we publish the latest news on our expeditions and other mountain issues including photos, videos, blogs & always encourage you to join in.
QUESTIONS? Before joining our team, please be sure you understand everything about the trip, so do ask lots of questions. I am here to answer any and all. I ALWAYS enjoy chatting about mountains, an exciting subject for me.
HOW TO APPLY: After all questions are answered to your (and our) satisfaction, please send your completed and signed application (email is preferable). To find the application, please go to www.SummitClimb.com or www.SummitTrek.com and in the upper right hand corner you can download it from the "HOW TO JOIN THE TEAM " button. Many thanks! Back to top
TO HOLD YOUR PLACE ON THE TRIP, PLEASE NOW MAKE A REFUNDABLE TEN PERCENT DOWN PAYMENT. You may pay the entire cost of the trip with your credit card, make a bank transfer, mail a check, or pay cash, the choice is yours. Please visit www.SummitClimbPayment.com to learn more.
Please contact me as soon as possible. I enjoy questions and discussing our favourite topic: MOUNTAINS.
I look forward to chatting, meeting, and to climbing to the summit and walking to basecamp together. Thank you very much. Welcome to Our Team and Best Mountain Regards!
I am waiting for your contact - Dan Mazur
Email: Dan@SummitClimb.com and Dan@SummitTrek.com
Telephone UK: (+44) (0)7810375400 (late afternoons and evenings best).
Telephone USA: 1-360-570-0715 (please leave a message with your name, phone, and email)
Latest climbing news: www.SummitClimbNews.com
Latest trekking news: www.SummitTrekNews.com
Latest charity / non-profit news: www.MountEverestFoundation.org .
Do you have a website? Lets exchange links: www.SummitClimbLinks.com
UK Mailing address: 30 Downfield Lodge, Downfield Road, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 2TQ, England
USA Mailing address: POB 123, Lakebay, Washington, 98351, USA
Daniel Mazur Wikipedia Page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_MazurPs. PLEASE BE SURE TO TELL ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT WHAT WE ARE TRYING TO DO (WE PAY YOU A CASH COMMISSION "FINDER'S FEE" FOR SENDING US NEW MEMBERS) . THANK YOU Back to top