On the drive to basecamp we stay in rustic "hotels", at the organizers expense, so you do not have to pay. In Tibet, all hotels are government property and we are not allowed to choose one hotel over another. The "hotels" are rather austere. Rooms are generally shared, and the accommodations are very primitive. Most towns in Tibet have no plumbing. Here is some text from the Lhakpa Ri/North Col itinerary page :
Driving to Basecamp:
4) Bus to Tibet; drive to Nyalam (3,750 meters/12,300 feet). Hotel and meals at organizer's expense.
5) Rest & acclimatization in Nyalam (3,750 meters/12,300 feet). Walk around the local hills. Hotel.
6) Bus to Tingri (4,300 meters/14,100 feet). Hotel.
7) Rest & acclimatization in Tingri. Explore surrounding hills.
8) Drive to Chinese basecamp (5,200 meters/17,000 feet). Camp.
9) Rest & acclimatization in Chinese base. Organize equipment and supplies. Camp.
30 Downfield Lodge, Downfield Road, Clifton, Bristol BS8 2TQ, ENGLAND.
Mobile: +44 (0)7810 375400+44 (0)7810 375400 (evenings please). Skype: SummitClimb or SummitTrek
Box 123, Lakebay, Washington, 98349, USA Telephone: 360-570-0715 Skype: SummitClimb or SummitTrek
Subscribe Newsletter for latest updates