Everest Expedition Training Climb Questions and Answers Section | SummitClimb
- A) How do I join and prepare for this trip?
- B) Who are the leaders, sherpas, and staff?
- C) Who are the members?
- D) What the cost includes.
- E) Details of the itinerary, route, and weather.
- F) What qualifications, experience, fitness, & training do I need?
- G) Personal & team equipment and what I need to bring.
- H) Flying from home country, welcome to Kathmandu.
- I) Insurance and safety.
- How shall I organize my mountain-climbing-trekking and travel insurances?
- What sort of safety precautions are to be taken?
- Will there be a doctor present?
- What if I need a rescue?
- In case of emergency, God forbid, our leader and Sherpas would help apply first aid, provide medicines and assistance with our medical oxygen, and "Gamow-Bag", then we would arrange for an evacuation to take place. In Nepal, this evacuation would be via helicopter, at your expense. In Nepal, helicopter rescues are possible as high as 7800 metres / 25,584 feet. so the helicopter can go up to camp 3 and above.
BE SURE TO PURCHASE GOOD QUALITY RESCUE, TRIP INTERRUPTION AND TRAVEL INSURANCE.
- What are the risks of sustaining an injury or dieing during the climb?
- We request you to leave your credit card in Kathmandu as a rescue bond.
- J) Where do we stay and what shall we eat?
- K) Communications and electronics for Everest Training Climb.