Everest Basecamp Christmas New Year`s Trek Question & Answer Section
- A) How do I join and prepare for this trip?
- B) Who are the leaders, sherpas, and staff?
- C) Who are the members?
- D) What the cost includes.
- E) Details of the itinerary, route, and weather.
- F) What qualifications, experience, fitness, & training do I need?
- G) Personal & team equipment and what I need to bring.
- H) Flying from home country, welcome to Kathmandu.
- What is the best way to purchase my international air ticket?
- What day do I need to arrive and what day may I leave the expedition?
- Will someone be there to meet me at the airport?
- Will my hotel be booked in advance & will someone take me to my hotel?
Your trip includes 2 free Kathmandu hotel nights at the beginning and two free Kathmandu hotel nights at the end of the trip. You will be sharing. If you do not wish to share, you can pay an extra $20 for a single room (during any of the included 4 nights). If you want a room for extra nights, outside of the included 4 nights, the price will be $30 (single room). Price includes good delicious breakfast and mandatory 25% Nepal government tax and government service charge. Meals in Kathmandu (other than breakfast) are at your expense. Please bring cash (credit cards are rarely accepted) to pay for your expenses and extra nights and / or your single supplement. We often stay at the comfortable three star Hotel Shakti. Its an excellent and classic hotel surrounded by green gardens and located in the heart of the city action near many delicious restaurants, the city's best mountain equipment shopping, and abundant nightlife all within a few minutes walk. The Shakti Hotel also offers lots of entertaining day trip (and night outing) options such as city tours, walking tours, rock climbing, mountain biking, wild game safaris, horse back riding, art classes, volunteer opportunities at orphanages, hospitals, schools, women's centres, bird watching, cooking classes, sport fishing, day peak climbing, herbal medicine seminars, day hikes, pottery classes, car tours, sightseeing, temple tours, henna handpainting classes, health spas, massage, swimming, beauty spas and hair stylist salons, motorbiking, yoga courses and retreats, river rafting, painting, sculpture, and handicrafts classes, golf, language courses, kayaking, writing seminars, poetry workshops, bungie jumping, all types of religious worship, canyoning, hot tubs, health club, saunas, fitness center, ayurvedic spa treatments, Mount Kailash Treks, night clubs, meditation retreats, gourmet restaurants, cultural dance performances, wine tasting, pedicures and manicures, casino gambling, barber shops, discotheques, dance clubs, airport transfers, Scenic Flights Around Mount Everest, dance classes, cooking classes, sampling micro brews, trying Nepalese Cuisine, handicrafts and carpet shopping, looking for good deals on outdoor gear, climbing gear and trekking gear, "designer" clothing, and watches, and much much more.
Our staff in Kathmandu are available to assist you 24 hours per day, seven days per week. It does not matter which day nor at what time you arrive or depart Kathmandu, they will meet your flight, take you to the hotel, help you find essential things like money changing, shopping, arrange tours of the city, etcetera.
- Must I pay for my hotels & meals in Kathmandu?
- Will there be a day of orientation in Kathmandu, to meet the members, leaders, & check my equipment?
- Bringing equipment and supplies as checked luggage on my international flight.
- How do I ship extra cargo from my home country?
- Will there be time to hire-rent-purchase my equipment, boots, and clothing in Kathmandu?
- How much are the prices for boots, clothing, shoes, mattresses, and climbing equipment in Kathmandu?
- Do you provide secure facilities to store my excess baggage & valuables in Kathmandu?
- Packing my bags in Kathmandu which I will take with me to basecamp.
- Can I use my credit, bank, cash, ATM card in Nepal?
- How shall I organize my visa?
- I) Insurance and safety.
- J) Where do we stay and what shall we eat?
- K) Communications and electronics for Everest Basecamp.