- Arriving in Kathmandu
- Trekking to Cho La
- Cho La Glacier Training
- Climbing Lobuche East
- Going Home
- Optional Everest Basecamp Trek Extension
Please also visit our Everest View Glacier School route description for more about what to expect on the trek from Kathmandu, during the climb itself, etcetera.
Note: This is a proposed schedule, which has been developed through previous trips. The actual itinerary of your trip can differ depending on such factors as weather and local conditions. For example, the trip may finish earlier than these dates, or we may need every single day of the schedule. Thank you for being patient and flexible when coming to a foreign country like Nepal.
1) Arrive KTM;
2) orientation in KTM;
3) Fly to Lukla, trek to Phakding;
4) Trek to Namche;
5) Rest in Namche. Little walk to Everest view hotel;
6) Trek to Pangboche;
7) Trek to Dingboche;
8) Rest in Dingboche. Little walk up the ridge above dingboche;
Dzhong La Glacier Training:
9) Trek to Dzhongla (Optional Rock Climbing Training) ; back to top
10) Walk to Cho La pass, snow and ice training; (photo right by Valerie hovland: Team members on the Cho La Glacier having fun); back to top
11) Walk to Lobuche high camp, for high altitude acclimatization training;(photo right by Valerie Hovland: Climbers ascending the summit ridge of Lobuche East. You can see all the way down to the lake where we set up basecamp). back to top
12) Peak Climbing and Fixed Rope Training: Climb Lobuche, return to Lobuche high camp;
13) Walk down to Pangboche;
14) We will walk back to Namche Bazaar, teahouse.
15) Walk to Lukla.
16) Return flight to Kathmandu.
17) Extra day of rest and celebration in Kathmandu. Do take a taxi out to Bhaktapur if you wish to visit an impressive temple city.
18) Flight Home. Good Bye everyone, it was nice meeting you! back to top
Optional Everest Basecamp Trek Extension: On day 12 of the itinerary you will branch off from the main group heading back to Kathmandu and trek to Everest basecamp. Please add an extra 4 days into your travel plans if you wish to do this.
1) Trek from Lobuche high camp to rocky outpost of Gorak Shep, with three cozy teahouses at 5,160 metres/16,900 feet;
2) Trek from Gorak Shep to the top of Kala-Pattar, return to Gorak Shep for the evening;
3) Walk up to Everest basecamp, which lies atop the Khumbu glacier at 5,300 metres/17,400 feet; then trek down to Pangboche.
4) Continue back to Kathmandu following day 13 of the normal itinerary. back to top
Thank You for joining our Everest View Glacier School Expedition.