Broad Peak - World's 12th highest mountain and one of the 'easiest' 8000 metre peaks!
Full Service Cost: $15,150 £12,050 €13,350; Basic Climb Cost: $11,150, £8,850 €9,750. (Price fixed in $USD. £GBP and €EUR price for convenience only, converted January 3, 2019)
Date: 16 June to 6 August, 2019. 52 days in Pakistan
Please Click here KarakoramNews.com to view news of our expedition. We only have a few places left in the team for 2019. Please contact us now to book: email@example.com . Dan Mazur & Team, Sherpas & friendly locals enjoyed a successful and safe summer 2018: K2 Summit & Trek, Broad Peak, Training Climb, Pastore Peak & Gasherbrums.
Please Click Here
Broad Peak - World's 12th highest mountain and one of the 'easiest' 8000 metre peaks! Expert leader Dan Mazur has led Broad Peak, K2 and 12 Everest expeditions successfully to the summit. Trip includes travel within the Karakorum, food, accommodations, staff, personal climbing Sherpas, and group equipment. Test yourself at high elevation and experience one of the world's most astonishing landscapes.
* Our “full-service” expedition includes:
- British, American, and European leader/coordinator;
- All internal / domestic flights (weather dependent) buses, jeeps, porters;
- 50 Kg personal baggage transport;
- Three meals per day;
- Permit fees and liaison officers;
- Group, emergency equipment, satellite phone;
- Individual tents in basecamp (no sharing);
- 4 free Islamabad hotel nights on arrival/departure. Sharing or single available;
*What is not included?
- International flights to Islamabad and back home;
- Mountain climbing rescue and travel insurance;
- Personal climbing/trekking equipment and clothing;
- Pakistan visa;
- Oxygen available upon request;
Add on High Attitude Support:
Oxygen: You should consider whether or not you wish to use supplemental oxygen which is optional on Broad Peak. The costs are as follows;
- HAP (High Attitude Porter) – Pakistani – costs: USD 4800. Will carry 20 kg of personal equipment between camps;
- Sherpa (personal guide-porter) – costs: USD 8900. Will carry 20 kg of your personal equipment, climb with you, melt water, cook, and with you every step of the way.
A. Three bottle set (we recommend a three bottle set for Broad Peak): $3150 USD. The price includes three large 4 litre Russian Oxygen bottles, mask-regulator-hoses (as well as carriage up to the high camps by our porters). We have a 30% "buy-back" policy on masks, regulators, and unused oxygen bottles in good condition. Extra bottles: $800 USD each.
If purchased separately:
B. Mask + Hoses (guaranteed to be in proper working order and match the bottles and regulator perfectly): We have a 30% buy-back policy on masks and hoses in good condition. $300 USD.
C. Regulator for high-altitude oxygen bottle (guaranteed to be in proper working order and match the bottle and mask and hoses perfectly): We have a 30% buy-back policy on regulators in good condition. $500 USD.
D. One large Russian Oxygen 4 litre bottle for high-altitude climbing (guaranteed to be in proper working order and match the regulator and mask and hoses perfectly): We have a 30% discount buy-back policy on unused oxygen bottles. $800 USD each
Please book well in advance so we can support his logistics to join our expedition.
*Our “basic-service” expedition includes everything as full service trip up to basecamp.
Dates and Proposed Itinerary:
- Day 1 - Arrive Islamabad. Transfer to hotel for overnight;
- Day 2 -Free day at Islamabad 508 m (1667 ft.);
- Day 3 - Fly to Skardu (drive to Chilas in case of weather delays);
- Day 4 - 5 - Organising and paperwork in Skardu. Hotel. 2230 m (7316 ft.);
- Day 6 -Drive by Jeep to Askole. Camp. 3039 m (9972 ft.);
- Day 7 Trek to Jhola. (3170 metres / 10,400 ft.)
- Day 8 to Day 12- Baltoro Trekking: Jola (3025 m) to our base camp (4900 m) on the lateral moraine of the Godwin Austen Glacier;
- Day 13 to Day 42 - Broad peak ascent.
- Camp 1 is at 5100metres / 16,730 ft.;
- Camp 2 (6200 metres / 20,330 ft.);
- Camp 3 (7100 metres / 23,300 ft.);
- Camp 4 (7400 metres / 24,270 ft.);
- Summit at 8048 metres / 26,400 ft.
View from Broad Peak
- Day 43 Follow the Upper Baltoro Glacier to Ali Camp (4800 metres/15,750 ft.);
- Day 44 Cross the Gondogoro La (5585 metres / 18,320 ft.) to Huisprung;
- Day 45 Trek down the Gondogoro Glacier to Dalsan (4150 metres / 13,600 ft.);
- Day 46 Trek down the Gondogoro Valley to Saitcho (3350 metres / 11,000 ft.);
- Day 47 Last day of trekking to Hushe Village (3050 metres / 10,000 ft.);
- Day 48 Drive beside the Hushe River and follow the Shyock and Indus rivers to Skardu (2230 metres / 7316 ft.);
- Day 49 De-briefing at Tourism Department. Showers, laundry, shopping. Hotel;
- Day 50 Islamabad / Chilas. Hotel;
- Day 51 Final paperwork, shopping, farewell dinner in Islamabad. Hotel.In case of driving, complete road journey from Chilas to Islamabad. Hotel;
- Day 52 Fly Home.
Trekking in Askole village
Experience & Training:
Winter snow walking experience on mountains is recommended. We will teach you everything you need to know on glaciers near basecamp to be successful Proper conditioning is critical to your success on Broad Peak. Team members are expected to be very fit and active winter-walker-climber in good health.