Please also visit our Island Peak route description for more about what to expect on the trek from Kathmandu, during the climb itself, etcetera.
Note: This is a proposed schedule, which has been developed through previous trips. The actual itinerary of your trip can differ depending on such factors as weather and local conditions. For example, the trip may finish earlier than these dates, or we may need every single day of the schedule. Thank you for being patient and flexible when coming to a foreign country like Nepal.
1) Arrive in Kathmandu.
2) Tour Kathmandu, a beautiful exotic Hindu and Buddhist city with an abundance of ancient temples.
3) Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla 2840 metre/9300 feet. Trek to Phakding, where we camp in a teahouse at 2650 metres/8,700 feet.
4) Walk to Namche Bazaar 3440 metre/11,300 feet.
5) Rest, acclimate, and relax in Namche Bazaar.
6) Trek to Tengboche, 3900 metres/12,800 feet.
7) Walk along to the village of Pheriche, 4250 metres/13,900 feet.
8) Walk along to the village of Dughla at 4620 metres/15,150 feet.
9) Walk along to the village Lobuche, 4930 metres/16,200 feet .
10) A short day up the Khumbu glacier takes us to the rocky outpost of Gorak Shep, with three cozy teahouses at 5160 metres/16,900 feet.
11) Walk up to Everest basecamp, which lies atop the Khumbu glacier at 5300 metres/17,400 feet.
12) Trek to Kala Patar. This evening we stay in Dingboche at 4530 metres/14,850 feet. back to top
13) Branch off from our standard Everest basecamp trek. We will take a leisurely walk up to Chukkung Village at 4700 metres/15,500 feet.
14) Today we will go up to Island Peak basecamp at 5100 meters/16,728 feet.
15) Rest in Island Peak basecamp and train to ascend and descend fixed ropes.
16) We will wake up in the middle of the night and slowly and carefully head for the top at 6189 metres/20,300 feet. Walk down to basecamp. back to top
17) Today we will make a relaxed walk down to Pangboche.
18) We will walk back to Namche Bazaar.
19) Walk down from Namche to Lukla.
20) Return flight to Kathmandu.
21) Extra day of rest and celebration in Kathmandu. Do take a taxi out to Bhaktapur if you wish to visit an impressive temple city.
22) Flight Home. Good Bye everyone, it was nice meeting you! back to top
Thank you for joining our Island Peak Expedition