* Our “full-service” trekking peak climb includes:
- Trek Leader: Cost includes a very experienced and qualified British, European, or American leader;
- Organizer: Daniel Mazur, over 20 years experience trekking in Nepal;
- Nepalese Sherpa-English speaking guides for the group (we are also able to provide Sherpa French and German speakers);
- Transport to basecamp and Island Peak to/from Kathmandu, for you and equipment;
- Internal / domestic flights Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu;
- Yak and porter transport for all your equipment from Lukla to and from to your final destination on the trek and back down;
- Three meals per day during the trek, normally these may be cooked, but sometimes, during trekking, they may be a "packed-lunch".
- All permit fees, trekking fees, climbing fees and liaison officers;
- Emergency equipment and supplies: basecamp medical kit, high-altitude medical kits, etcetera;
- All group equipment like ropes, anchors, tents, stoves, etcetera.
- Sleeping arrangements will be in comfortable and roomy bunks in teahouses, except during the portion climbing Island Peak;
- Your trip includes 2 free Kathmandu hotel nights at the beginning and two free Kathmandu hotel nights at the end of the trip. You will be sharing. If you do not wish to share, you can pay an extra $20 for a single room (during any of the included 4 nights). If you want a room for extra nights, outside of the included 4 nights, the price will be $30 (single room). Price includes good delicious breakfast and mandatory 25% Nepal government tax and government service charge. Please bring extra cash to pay for your extra nights and / or your single supplement. We often stay at the comfortable three star Hotel Shakti. Its an excellent and classic hotel surrounded by green gardens and located in the heart of the city action near many delicious restaurants, the city's best mountain equipment shopping, and abundant nightlife all within a few minutes walk. The Shakti also offers lots of entertaining day trip (and night outing) options such as city tours, walking tours, rock climbing, mountain biking, wild game safaris, horse back riding, art classes, volunteer opportunities at orphanages, hospitals, schools, women's centres, bird watching, cooking classes, sport fishing, day peak climbing, herbal medicine seminars, day hikes, pottery classes, car tours, sightseeing, temple tours, henna handpainting classes, massage, swimming, beauty salon, motorbiking, yoga retreats, river rafting, painting classes, golf, language courses, kayaking, writing seminars, bungie jumping, religious worship, canyoning, hot tubs, health club, saunas, fitness center, spa treatments, Mount Kailash Treks, night clubs, meditation retreats, gourmet restaurants, cultural dance performances, wine tasting, pedicures and manicures, casino gambling, barber shop, discotheques, airport transfers, Scenic flights around Mount Everest and much much more. Meals in Kathmandu are at your expense.
5 day option: We are offering a five day trip for those members that wish to meet our team on day 13 of the itinerary in Chukkung Village and arrange their own trek before and after the 5 days of climbing. All of the services provided to our full-service members will be offered to members who wish to only do the 5 day program while climbing Island Peak. This may be a great option for those who are participating in other treks/climbs in the region. Five day option cost: $1350 USD.
Trekking: The full service cost of this expedition does include the Everest basecamp trek. For more information and photos, please visit our Everest Basecamp Nepal Trek.
Sherpas and Equipment Transport: Our expedition includes transport of all of your equipment from Kathmandu to your destination, and returned to Kathmandu, including internal/domestic flights from Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu. While climbing on the mountain, we DO NOT ask our members to carry heavy group equipment (although it is an option if you really want to), such as tents, rope, fuel, food, etcetera. We employ climbing sherpas, and high-altitude porters, to carry group equipment and supplies. To learn more, please click here .
Our team on the summit on a beautiful sunny day on our October 2005 trek: Ms Elselien te Hennepe, Lakpa Kongle Sherpa, Kandu Sherpa, and Nima Dolma Sherpa. By the way, Lakpa Kongle Sherpa has led 25 climbs of Island Peak. Thats Makalu, the world's 5th highest peak, in the background (DL Mazur).
Cooks and Food: On the trek our experienced trekking cooks provide delicious meals. On Island Peak our skillful and hard working cooks prepare three hot meals each day with a very healthy diet of fresh vegetables, cheeses, eggs, and fresh as well as tinned fruits, meats and fish (all meats and fish are prepared separately out of respect for the vegetarians in our midst). They supply you with unlimited hot-drinks, the key to successful acclimatization. We have large weather-proof kitchens and dining tents, with comfortable chairs and tables. On the mountain, above basecamp, we provide you with abundant and nutritious locally available quick-cooking food, so that you may prepare at least three meals and lots of hot drinks each day, in our specially designed high-altitude stoves using our butane-propane expedition mix fuel.
Hotel: Your trip includes 2 free Kathmandu hotel nights at the beginning and two free Kathmandu hotel nights at the end of the trip. You will be sharing. If you want your own single room, the cost is an aditional $25 per night. This a clean and comfortable "two-star" hotel. We use good quality hot water hotels in a central neighborhood, near many tasty restaurants, and excellent mountain equipment and gift shopping, as well as our trekking and mountain climbing office where we meet before and after the adventure.
Group Equipment: We provide a plethora of top-quality, and time-tested equipment, group gear, and supplies, including: rope, ice, rock, and snow anchor protection; basecamp and altitude tents; cookers, fuel, high-altitude food, walkie-talkie radios, bamboo marker wands, etcetera. Please see the above EQUIPMENT link, to study what we bring for your use and safety.
Staff: Our staff, working together as "Everest Parivar Expeditions, Pvt. Ltd." led by the experienced and influential Mr. Murari Sharma, are hospitality experts and have, for the last 21 years, been arranging overland tours, safaris, raft trips, treks, mountain climbs, trek support staff, cooks, peak climbing permits, satellite phone permits, video and film-making permits, translators, liaison officers, climbing Sherpas, oxygen, helicopter flights, air tickets, equipment purchase/hire, storage, import/export, shipping, customs clearance, transport bookings, advance hotel bookings, visas, repatriations, and permits.
Safety: Our expeditions are allowed access to our extensive communications equipment, medical supplies, first-aid kits, medical oxygen, and a gamow bag in case of emergency. Thank you for being a well-prepared and safe team member!
*What is not included?
- Visa and Passport: Your Nepal visa is conveniently purchased by you upon arrival at the Kathmandu airport. It is not necessary to purchase a Nepalese visa prior to landing in Nepal. In 2013, the cost of a 90 day visa was $100 USD. 30 days visa cost $60. Please bring cash and 2 extra passport-sized photos (extra photos are necessary to obtain the visa in the airport). Thank you. Please Note: Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months fom the END of the expedition and contain at least 2 blank pages.
- Additional expenses like bottled or canned drinks on the trek, tips and gratuities, and expenses of a personal nature (ie: laundry or gift shopping) are not included.
- We recommend the following tip for our group staff: Island Peak: $150. Expect to pay the above tip no matter what.
Please ask any questions regarding cost at firstname.lastname@example.org.