| |These photos were taken on our recent successful Everest Training Climb expedition where we put members and sherpas all the way to camp 3 on the Lhotse Face and the team returned home safely. Photos in Lhotse slideshow: Fabrice Imparato, Bruce Manning, Samuli Mansikka, Elselien te Hennepe, Richard Pattison & Tunc Findik. For caption information on these photos, please visit our Everest Training Climb photo gallery .
- Full Service price includes: climbing training, Sherpas, hotels, domestic flights, basecamp, yaks, porters, ropes, tasty meals on trek, in basecamp and climb, group climbing equipment, tents, radios, satphones, etc.
- Leader: Dan Mazur , Everest expert: 9 Everest expeditions. Friendly and helpful, teaches everything you need to know.
- 2011 expedition: 100 % success rate: everyone reached camp 3 at 7300 m / 24,000 ft on the Lhotse Face.
- 31 days (or 16 days climb only) in April or May 2012 or 2013.
- Follow the same route as the climbers trying for the summit of Mount Everest while clipped to safety ropes.
- May be one of the "easiest" ways to reach 7300 m / 24,000 ft. Excellent chance to see how you feel at altitude. Experience the amazing Everest climbing route and beautiful trek to Everest basecamp.
- Completing this climb is excellent preparation for eventually trying for the summit of Everest, at a much lower cost and for a shorter duration.
- We teach you everything you need to know about climbing during the trip.
- Climb the route first ascended by Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa.
- Do well and transfer to Everest.
- The Nepal (south) side of Everest is warmer and less windy than the Tibet side of Everest.
- Cross the massive Khumbu Icefall above basecamp. Clip to well-fixed ropes on solid ladders over crevasses.
- We help you buy and rent inexpensive mountain climbing, trekking, hiking, and walking gear, equipment, clothing, boots, shoes for sale, purchase and hire at affordable, cheap, low prices.
- Trek to base camp on snow-free paths through green terraced villages, rushing rivers, suspension bridges, lush forests, stay in civilized 'teahouses' and camp in verdant meadows beneath towering peaks.
- Dates and Cost:
- 7 April to 7 May, and 21 April-21 May, 2013 & 2014. 31 days in Nepal.
- Full Service Cost: $8,650, £5,350, €6,250. Currency conversions 8-Nov-11.
- Sixteen day option: $6350, £3850, €4350.
- Please Click Here
- Please click the logo for payment options including credit card, cheque, bank transfer, etcetera.
Recent news: Our spring 2011 Everest Nepal Camp 3 Training Climb has just returned from a successful climb on the mountain. Please click here to view news of our expedition. Please also view our "Archived News" for more stories of past trips.
Please Click Here to watch the exciting video by Rob Bradley
Leadership: During this full-service expedition, you will benefit from the leadership provided by Dan Mazur.
It is Dan's fifth Everest expedition. He is a relaxed, friendly and well organized person, and a highly-skilled professional with 20 years of experience in getting people to the summit and back down with the highest attention to safety. For more about Dan, please "click" on the Leadership link above.
A meeting on the roof of our hotel, where we describe the plan of our expedition. The audience, our trekkers and climbers. Felix and Arnold demonstrating the members high mountain equipment before a shopping trip to one of Kathmandu's 50 mountain shops to purchase any needed essentials for the members (Franck Pitula).
Note: Our leaders are not guides. They are there to coordinate the expedition and may or may not climb with you personally on the mountain. Our leaders will try to do everything they can to help you, but it is your responsibility to have the skills, strength, equipment, etcetera to do this climb. If you are unsure, you may wish to hire a personal sherpa.
Sherpas: We hire Sherpas and high altitude porters in a support capacity, and now have 23 of these very experienced, friendly, strong, helpful, and loyal people on our staff, including some of Nepal's best climbers and some of Nepal's only women Sherpas. Some of our Sherpas have been to the summit of Everest more than 7 times. One of our lady sherpas just became the first Nepalese woman to reach the summit of Ama Dablam, Pumori, and Cho Oyu. Many of our sherpas have personally assisted foreign climbers to the summits of more than ten of the highest peaks in the Himalaya.
Note: We strive to provide one group sherpa for each 3-4 members. The group sherpa's duty is to carry group equipment such as tents, rope, food, and gas up and down the mountain. Group sherpas help to setup and take down camps. They are also there to try to assist in any rescues, so the other members may not have to give up their summit attempt to rescue a sick member. They may not be available to climb with members and in some instances, you may be called upon to help carry group equipment and help with group work. If you need more sherpa assistance, we encourage you to hire a personal sherpa.
For a minimal expense, we can also provide personal sherpas to individual members who wish to have their own private sherpa or personal climbing-guide. We now encourage members to hire a 1/4 of a sherpa, to help with high altitude equipment transport, both up and down the mountain. For more information about hiring a personal sherpa, please click here to learn more.
Staff: Our staff, working together as "Everest Parivar Expeditions, Pvt. Ltd." in our busy agency office in Kathmandu is led by the experienced and influential Mr. Murari Sharma. They are hospitality experts and have, for the last 21 years, been arranging overland tours, safaris, raft trips, treks, mountain climbs, trek support staff, cooks, peak climbing permits, satellite phone permits, video and film-making permits, translators, liaison officers, climbing Sherpas, oxygen, helicopter flights, air tickets, equipment purchase/hire, storage, import/export, shipping, customs clearance, transport bookings, advance hotel bookings, visas, repatriations, rescues, and permits.
Our staff in Kathmandu are available to assist you 24 hours per day, seven days per week. It does not matter which day nor at what time you arrive or depart Kathmandu, they will meet your flight, take you to the hotel, help you find essential things like money changing, shopping, arrange tours of the city, etcetera.
We need individuals interested in becoming climbing leaders. The Leader-in-Training Programme is open to individuals to participate in any of the mountain expedition climbs offered by SummitClimb.com. If you are already a professional mountain guide, we are glad to offer you a 10% discount. We provide this on all trips to UIAGM, MLTB, AMGA, BMG, and all other certified climbing guides from every nation. Thank you for joining our team.
Top row from Left: Murari K. Sharma - Everest Parivar Exp. Pvt. Ltd(MD), Arnold Coster - Expedition Leader, Jangbu Sherpa - Climbing Sherpa, Pemba Sherpa - High Altitude Kitchen Boy, Dorjee Lama - High Altitude Kitchen Boy, Tempa Sherpa - Basecamp Kitchen Boy, Krishna Rana Marag - Trekking Guide, Deha K Shrestha - Manager. Bottom row from left; Jens Vogel, Kandu Sherpa - Lady Trekking Guide, Cho-Wang Sherpa - Friend, Maya Sherpa - Lady Climbing Sherpa.
Our leaders, staff, and sherpas look forward to serving you on our expeditions to form a successful team and create a rewarding experience.