These photos were taken on our recent successful trek. Photos in slide show: Tunc Findik, Dan Mazur, Ryan Waters, Aldas Baltutis, Colin Pacey, Tim Spear, Fredrik Strang, Ken Stalter, & Andrew Brash. For caption information, please visit our Photo Gallery.
Full service includes: airport transfers, hotels, Kathmandu city tour, drive to basecamp (bc), yaks to advanced basecamp (abc), good food on trek, in bc, and abc, trekking guide, tents, radios, satphones, etc.
Please click the logo for payment options including credit card, cheque, bank transfer, etcetera.
Recent news: Our spring 2011 Everest Tibet basecamp trek and climb and North Col Expedition has just returned.Please click here to view news of our expedition. Please also visit our "Archived News" for more stories of past trips.
Please click one of the links below to view that section of our Everest basecamp trek Tibet daily itinerary or scroll down. If you choose to do the Lhasa option, please note the slight itinerary alterations on days 3-7.
Note: This is a proposed schedule, which has been developed through previous trips. The actual itinerary of your trip can differ depending on such factors as weather and local conditions. For example, the trip may finish earlier than these dates, or we may need every single day of the schedule. Thank you for being patient and flexible when coming to a foreign country like Nepal and Tibet.
Arriving in Kathmandu:
1) Arrive in Kathmandu. Our staff will meet you at the airport. Go to hotel;
2) In Kathmandu - bring passport to Chinese embassy, for visa. Logistics, orientation, purchasing, packing, visit temples, city tour, shopping. Hotel and meals at members expense (minimal cost);
3) In Kathmandu - pick up passport from Chinese embassy. Option for more purchasing, packing, touring, exploring, shopping. Hotel. We may choose to depart Kathmandu for Tibet on this day;
Lhasa option: Fly from Kathmandu to Lhasa (Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday, but this could change) or if you coming from a city in China, arrive in Lhasa this day.
Driving to Basecamp:
4) Bus to Tibet; drive to Nyalam (3750 meters/12,300 feet). Hotel and meals at organizer's expense;
Lhasa option: Rest in Lhasa, tour Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple, the most sacred building in all of Tibet.
5) Rest & acclimatization in Nyalam. Walk around the local hills and explore the ancient stone structures of this historical area. Hotel;
Lhasa option: Drive to Shigatse. Rest and acclimate, tour the surrounding area. Visit the 15th century Tashilunpo Monastery, the largest active monastic institution in Tibet.
6) Bus to Tingri (4300 meters/14,100 feet). Hotel;
Lhasa option: Drive to Lhaze. Rest and acclimate, tour the surrounding area. Visit the Changmoche Monastery.
7) Rest & acclimatization in Tingri. Explore surrounding hills and beautiful meadows. See the restoration of the historical Buddhist temples. Hotel;
Lhasa option: Drive to Tingri. Rest and acclimate, tour the surrounding area.
8) Drive to Chinese basecamp (5200 meters/17,000 feet). Camp;
9) Rest & acclimatization in Chinese base. Chance to hike to the Rongbuk Monastery, the highest monastery in the world. Meet the Lama and participate in a Puja ceremony. Camp;
10) Walk gently in the hills surrounding Chinese base. Meet other international climbing teams and visitors;
11) Rest & acclimatization in Chinese base. Organize equipment and supplies. Camp; back to top
Trekking to Advanced Basecamp:
12) Walk with the yaks halfway to advanced base to interim camp (5800 meters/19,000 feet). Camp;
13) Rest & acclimatization in interim camp. View and explore in the surrounding valley, laced with massive "ice-pilgrims" (large penitentes);
14) Rest & acclimatization in interim camp, more gentle hiking in the surrounding area;
15) Walk with the yaks to advanced base (ABC) at 6400 metres/21,000 feet. Camp;
16) Rest & acclimatization in advanced base. Explore around the camps, meet international climbing teams, view the highest peak in the world, etc. Camp; back to top
17) Yaks transport equipment to Chinese base. Members walk down;
18) Early morning drive to Kathmandu;
19) In Kathmandu. Final packing, celebration, saying goodbye to new friends;