- Experience and learn mountaineering with men and women of all ages and abilities on the large glaciated mountains near Seattle, free of cost. Send in your application early to be put on the waiting list.
- Climb with the expedition leaders of Summitclimb, get your mountaineering questions answered, and share your knowledge with the group.
- Get advice from experienced climbers on what equipment and clothing to buy at many reasonably priced Seattle climbing stores.
- Test your equipment in the mountain environment while we live and travel on snow.
- Learn, practice or master glacier travel and ice climbing skills.
- Take part in a summit attempt on one of the most glaciated mountains in North America, a 4000 metre/13,00 foot high snowy volcano near Seattle.
- Walk away from the school with more mountaineering confidence
- Meet new people that are into the sport and make friends
- Become inspired to take on a more ambitious mountain
- We help you buy and rent inexpensive mountain climbing, trekking, hiking, and walking gear, equipment, clothing, boots, shoes for sale, purchase and hire at affordable, cheap, low prices.
- Dates and Cost
- 20-27 July, 2013 (level 1 or level 2 school)
- 19-26 July, 2014 (level 1 or level 2 school)
- Free of cost, no charge
Recent News: Last Summer’s school participants learned how to self rescue, roped glacier travel, and ice-axe technique while camping in the snow for an entire week. After starting the school under a veil of fog, we finished with a successful ascent of a 4000 metre glaciated volcano on a clear windy day with panoramic views extending all the way to the Pacific Ocean. Please click HERE to see the full news report.