Please click one of the links below to view that section of our Shishapangma daily itinerary or scroll down. If you choose to do the Lhasa option, please note the slight itinerary alterations on days 3-7.
If you are planning on climbing both Cho Oyu and Shishapangma, please view our: Shishapangma Itinerary for Combined Cho Oyu Expedition
Please also visit our Shishapangma route description for more about what to expect on the drive from Kathmandu, during the climb itself, etcetera.
Note: This is a proposed schedule, which has been developed through previous trips. The actual itinerary of your trip can differ depending on such factors as weather and local conditions. For example, the trip may finish earlier than these dates, or we may need every single day of the schedule. Thank you for being patient and flexible when coming to a foreign country like Nepal and Tibet.
1) Arrive Kathmandu (1300 metres/4200 feet). Hotels in Kathmandu at your own expense;
2) Hand over passport to China Embassy, begin processing of Chinese Visa. Training and equipment review at hotel in Kathmandu;
Lhasa option: Fly from Kathmandu to Lhasa (Tuesday, Thursday, or Saturday, but this could change) or if you coming from a city in China, arrive in Lhasa this day. back to top
3) Begin Expedition! Bus to Zhangmu, Tibet (2500 metres/8200 feet); drive to Nyalam (3750 metres/12,300 feet). Transport, restaurants and hotels in Tibet, at organizer's expense;
Lhasa option: Rest in Lhasa, tour Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple, the most sacred building in all of Tibet.
4) Rest in Nyalam (3750 metres/12,300 feet). Walk in the surrounding hills, hang out in the Tashi Amdo teashop. Hotel;
Lhasa option: Drive to Shigatse. Rest and acclimate, tour the surrounding area. Visit the 15th century Tashilunpo Monastery, the largest active monastic institution in Tibet.
5) Drive to Tingri at 4,300 meters/14,100 feet. Hotel;
Lhasa option: Drive to Lhaze. Rest and acclimate, tour the surrounding area. Visit the Changmoche Monastery.
6) Rest & Acclimatization in Tingri at 3900 metres/12,900 feet. Hotel;
Lhasa option: Drive to Tingri. Rest and acclimate, tour the surrounding area.
7) Drive to Chinese Base, 5000 metres/16,400 feet, Camp;
8) Rest at Chinese Base; back to top
9) Walk halfway to advanced base camp, camp at 5200 metres/17,00 feet;
10) Rest day at "interim-camp";
11) Walk to advanced base camp at 5400 metres/17,700 feet. Rest;
12) Rest, training, and organization at advanced base camp; back to top
13) Walk to camp 1 at 6200 metres/20,300 feet, return to advanced base camp;
14) Rest in advanced base camp;
15) Walk to camp 1, Sleep;
16) Explore the route to Camp 2 at 6700 metres/22,000 feet. Return to advanced base camp;
17) Rest in advanced base camp;
18) Rest in advanced base camp;
19) Walk to camp 1 and sleep there;
20) Walk to camp 2 and sleep there;
21) Explore the route to camp 3 at 7400 metres/24,300 feet. Return to advanced base camp. Rest;
22) Rest in advanced base camp;
23) Rest in advanced base camp;
24) Rest in advanced base camp;
25) Walk to camp 1 and sleep there;
26) Walk to camp 2 and sleep there;
27) Walk to camp 2 and sleep there;
28) Walk to camp 3 and sleep there; back to top
29) Summit attempt;
30) Summit attempt;
31) Summit attempt;
32) Summit attempt, descend to camp 2; back to top
33) Descend to advanced base camp, pack and prepare to depart;
34) Final packing, walk down from advanced base camp to Chinese base,
35) Drive from basecamp to Tingri and spend the night;
36) Drive from Tingri to Kathmandu;
37) Celebration Banquet. Packing and final shopping in Kathmandu;
38) Say Good-bye to your new friends, Departure for home. back to top
9-23 October (days 1-3 below are the last 3 days of the regular Cho Oyu itinerary).
1) Arrive in Kathmandu after finishing Cho Oyu. Give passport to Chinese embassy for visa number 2;
2) Rest in Kathmandu;
3) Rest in Kathmandu;
4) Drive to Nyalam;
5) Drive to basecamp;
6) Walk to advanced basecamp;
7) Climb Shishapangma;
8) Climb Shishapangma;
9) Climb Shishapangma;
10) Climb Shishapangma;
11) Climb Shishapangma;
12) Climb Shishapangma;
13) Climb Shishapangma;
14) Climb Shishapangma;
15) Walk down to basecamp;
16) Drive to Kathmandu;
17) In Kathmandu (extra day);
18) Fly home. back to top